Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Carved in Stone


benotforgot.blogspot.com


Lay the green sod o'er me
carve my name in stone
lay the green sod o'er me
the soldier has come home.

Barry Sadler (1940-1989)
American Singer, Soldier and Songwriter




Human memory is a marvelous but fallacious instrument.
The memories which lie within us are not carved in stone;
not only do they tend to become erased as the years go by,
but often they change,
or even increase by incorporating extraneous features.

Primo Levi (1919-1987)
Italian Author, Writer and Chemist




Carve not upon a stone when I am dead,
The praises which remorseful mourners give;
To women's graves - a tardy recompense,
But speak them while I live.

Elizabeth Akers Allen




Just because it's carved in stone does NOT mean it's true!




No comments: